Monday, December 9, 2013

Class Recap

Over the course, I understood better how consumers react, why certain types of ads are more attractive than other ones, what makes consumer buy some products, how by having so many choices sometimes we are better off, and how we can;t escape the market. The class made me realize what type of consumer I am, and how I can improve my consumer decisions to be better off. It also make me thing about the different marketing strategies and consumer behaviors in the US, compare to the ones in Mexico.


I really liked the books that we had to read. My favorite one was Predictably Irrational. I learned great things from all the three books, but I really liked the experiments and findings from that one. The in-class writing was good to review what we learned from the readings and the articles.I learned and understood better the subcultures, consumer rituals, brand personality, value-expressive influence, social marketing, gender differences in socialization, and many other topics from the articles and the chapters in the book.


I learned how to create a blog and make a habit of publish constant posts.This is good to improve your writing, understand, and discuss better a topic that is interesting to you. 

In overall, it has been one of my favorites courses at MSU. The class was really fun and interesting. It made me think and analyze my own consumer behavior.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Diego! I've really enjoyed getting to know you this semester -- your writing has opened my eyes to all kinds of interesting things!

    ReplyDelete